After trying and testing dozens of Apps to View and Edit PDF files, we’ve curated this list of 10 Best Paid & Free PDF Editors For Windows 10 (2022). All the software comes with a convenient interface and a handful of features that helps users to edit, manage, manipulate, sign, annotate, and share PDFs easily. For more options, you can check out our complete list of top PDF Editors. Do let us know your favorite one in the comments section below!
|Top Software Reviews||Rating|
|1. Advanced PDF Manager|
|2. Adobe Acrobat Pro DC|
|4. PDFsam Basic|
|5. Nitro Pro|
|7. Foxit Phantom|
|8. Sejda PDF Editor|
|9. PDF Candy|
|10. Icecream PDF Editor|
Do You Need PDF Editor Software?
Yes, you need to use a dedicated program to edit Portable Document Format (PDF) on Windows or any other device. Using the right PDF Editing Software, you can update the contents of a file, be it text, image, add a signature, watermarks, fill forms, strikethrough, and so on.
What Can I Edit In A PDF Document?
Well, using PDF Editor Software, you can add or delete text, update fonts, replace, move or resize pictures on pages. Further, you can utilize the advanced set of utilities to add watermarks, annotate PDFs, split, merge specific pages, highlight important texts, and more.
List of 10 Best Windows 10 Apps To View And Edit PDF Files (2022)
- Advanced PDF Manager
- PDF Viewer
- Manage PDF pages
- Add password to PDF files
- Split and merge PDFs
- $39.95 / year
- Adobe Acrobat Pro DC
- Robust encryption & security tools.
- Password-protect PDFs.
- Supports e-signing documents
- Allows removing metadata as well
- $14.99 / year Download Here
- Password-protect PDFs
- Supports batch PDF conversion
- Allows annotating
- Option to insert watermark
- $9 / year Download Here
- PDFsam Basic
- Supports rotating, reordering files
- Comes with an OCR engine
- Convert PDF into various formats.
- It’s a very user-friendly application
- FreeDownload Here
- Nitro Pro
- Batch processing functionalities
- Digital signature and ID certification
- Annotate and sign PDFs
- Scan and OCR your PDF files
- $149.99 / year Download Here
- You also can draw on the PDF.
- Add sticky notes, as per your needs.
- Add text, images, links, etc.
- Share PDFs easily online for Free
- $2.99 / year Download Here
- Foxit Phantom
- Easy to collaborate with the team
- Drag & drop pages within PDF
- It’s an RPA-Ready PDF editor
- Includes merging and splitting PDFs
- $99 / year Download Here
- Sejda PDF Editor
- Tools to add text, links, images
- Integrates with cloud storage
- Annotate your docs easily
- Add signatures, comments & links
- $63 / year Download Here
- PDF Candy
- Supports file compression
- Uses OCR Technology
- Split and merge PDF Files
- \\\”Edit metadata\\\” tool
- $6 / year Download Here
Let’s get to know what all these top PDF Reader And Editor for Windows 10 have to offer:
1. Advanced PDF Manager
Compatibility: Windows 11, 10, 8, 7
Price: Free Trial for 14 Days, $39.95
Advanced PDF Manager by Tweaking Technologies Pvt. Ltd. This is the best PDF software for Windows 10 and other versions. You can read and edit the PDF files on your computer using this efficient tool. Edit PDF file on Windows 10, all you have to do is open the file and then manage pages, rotate pages, split or merge the documents. It will also change the orientation of the PDF files along with creating duplicates of the entire files or individual pages. Just like a good PDF Editor for Windows 10, it also gives you the option to protect your PDFs with a password, so that you can easily share and transfer them. The multi view is a feature on Advanced PDF Manager which will give you a better view of all the pages.
- PDF Reader to view files.
- Rotate pages and change orientation.
- Makes duplicate copies.
- Split and merge PDFs
- Change the page orders
- Password Protection
- Moneyback guarantee
- Can’t edit text and images
2. Adobe Acrobat Pro DC
Compatibility: Windows and Mac
Price: Free Trial for 7 Days, $14.99
You’d expect Adobe Acrobat Pro DC to be one of the greatest programs to edit PDF files as it comes from Adobe (Pioneers in Portable Document Format). To a certain extent, this full-fledged PDF Editor Software meets the users’ expectations. It offers a comprehensive set of PDF reading, editing, and manipulation tools. Not only this, it helps users in editing scanned documents as well. Its inbuilt OCR engine can effortlessly convert scanned files to text, through which you can search the exact element and make necessary alterations.
Using this PDF Editor App for Windows 10, you can even convert PDFs into various file formats to Word documents, Excel spreadsheets, PowerPoint presentations, etc. Its editing options include abilities to reorder, rotate, annotate, crop, split pages as per your requirements.
- Comes with robust encryption & security tools.
- Allows you to password-protect PDFs.
- Supports e-signing documents.
- Allows removing metadata as well
- Provides advanced editing tools.
- Top-notch PDF creation capabilities.
- Send files to others for commenting or viewing
- Outdated & disorganized interface.
- Requires subscriptions
Compatibility: Windows, Mac, iOS, Android
Price: Free, $79 (Perpetual) 1 User
PDFelement is a great PDF Editor with advanced functionalities to manipulate your PDF files in the fastest manner possible. While it does offer a free trial, it is still largely pay-to-use PDF Editor software for Windows and other operating systems. It basically offers everything you need to create, convert and edit PDF files easily. Unlike other paid & free PDF editors for Windows, it supports intelligent paragraph recognition to match different font styles. It even provides access to a huge library of ready-to-use templates, which are quite helpful in easy PDF creations.
What’s more? Strong customization capabilities are not the only strong side of PDFelement, it uses advanced technologies that lets users perform all the PDF editing and modifications without hampering the formatting and style of your PDFs.
- Allows users to password-protect PDFs.
- Supports batch PDF creation & conversion.
- Allows annotating & adding comments.
- Options to insert watermark, background, headers & footers.
- Familiar, Office-style dashboard
- Great OCR capabilities
- Support for commenting, revisions and Bates numbering
- Toolbar buttons are huge.
- Can be very slow at times
4. PDFsam Basic
Compatibility: Windows 10, 8, 7 (Both 32-bit & 64-bit)
Price: Best free PDF Editor for Windows 10
PDFsam (short for PDF Split and Merge) is a truly free PDF editor for Windows and other Operating Systems. The application is open-source and supports batch conversion effortlessly. Using this freeware pdf editor for Windows 10, you can easily merge, split, and PDF files in no time. Not only this, PDFsam supports extracting pages from PDF documents, rotating, re-arrange and re-organize the pages according to your needs and requirements.
- Supports rotating, reordering & cropping files visually.
- Split and combine the PDF documents.
- It’s a very user-friendly application.
- Extract pages from the PDF file
- Free & open-source PDF application.
- Excels at splitting and merging
- Helps in re-ordering documents
- Cost-effective professional packages are available
- Occasional errors
- No online functionality
5. Nitro Pro
Compatibility: Windows & Mac
Price: Free, $159.00
Nitro Power is an extremely popular PDF reader and editor for Windows and other Operating Systems. It is absolute dynamite for power users, all thanks to the fast speed, a hoard of features and so on. With this best PDF Editor Software, you get a complete set of content editing tools that helps users to review, markup PDFs for efficient collaborations. Not only this, With Nitro Pro, you get the ability to create, fill forms, sign documents and add an extra layer of security to password protect sensitive documents (with permissions). Additionally, Nitro Pro helps in creating PDFs from over 300+ file formats and allows users to export them to PowerPoint, Word, Excel and more.
One of the most loved functionalities about this top PDF Editor includes the “Auto De-Skew” option, which levels askew images in scans without user input.
- Offers batch processing functionalities.
- Digital signature and ID certification.
- Annotate, review, approve and sign-off on PDF forms.
- Scan and OCR your PDF files.
- Easy-to-use – this is probably its greatest strength
- Good price point
- High-quality OCR
- Fast in terms of speed & overall performance
- Not proper optimization for mobiles
- Poor customer support
Compatibility: Web-based, Windows
Price: Free, $2.99/month
PDFescape is an extremely popular PDF Editor and Annotation program to use online. You can rely on any of the popular web browsers (Safari, Edge, Chrome, Firefox, Opera etc)to get started, which makes it easy for all kinds of users to edit single or multiple PDF files in one go. It offers a solid set of tools to add, highlight and strikethrough texts. It even provides the ability to insert new images, text to a document, web-links and even form fields. For a hassle-free experience, this good PDF Editor for Windows 10 provides handy features to zoom, rotate, reorganize, crop, add, annotate and more.
PDFescape offers both online and desktop applications to use, however the web-based version is a truly free PDF Editor available in the market.
- You also can draw on the PDF.
- Add sticky notes, as per your requirements.
- Add your own text, images, links, form fields, etc.
- Share PDFs easily online for Free.
- Free online PDF editing
- Creates PDF from hundreds of file types
- The interface is very much inspired by Microsoft Office
- Allows you to delete PDF pages in between
- Lacks OCR capabilities
- Limited font options support
7. Foxit Phantom
Compatibility: Windows, macOS, Online, Android and iOS
Price: Free trial, $79 per year
Foxit PDF Editor is another good PDF Reader and Editor for Windows and other operating systems; you should consider using this 2022. The application is an ideal option for business and professional users that need tons of editing and manipulation options. An important thing you need to know is, that there are three different editing products: PDF Editor Online, Foxit PDF Editor, and Foxit PDF Editor Pro. Both of them can be considered depending on the usage. If you are a home user, you can go for Foxit PDF Editor and professionals can pick Foxit PDF Editor Pro.
Similar to other paid and freeware pdf editors for Windows 10, with Foxit PDF Editor you get the ability to edit various PDF elements, add text, and objects, manage/delete pages, convert to and from popular file formats, and add password protection, sign PDFs and so on.
- Tools to Edit, Review, Manage, Share, Protect, and Create.
- Supports advanced collaboration & security.
- Includes features for creating PDF forms, converting PDFs to other formats.
- Includes merging and splitting PDFs.
- Makes it easy to collaborate with the team
- Offers ECMs and cloud storage facilities to share your documents
- Supports dragging-and-dropping pages within a PDF
- Foxit PhantomPDF is an RPA-Ready PDF editor
- The interface needs updates
- Poor customer support
8. Sejda PDF Editor
Compatibility: Windows & macOS
Price: Free trial, $63 (Annual Subscription)
Being an online PDF Editor, Sejda works on any operating system that has a modern web browser installed on the device. You can undoubtedly expect the fastest PDF editing experience using this straightforward application to edit PDFs. It focuses on adding e-signatures (you can draw your signature with the mouse, type your name, or upload the image of signature) along with editing hyperlinks, adding form fields, annotating and so on. The only downside with this PDF Editing program is it lacks an OCR engine; hence you can’t use Sejda to edit PDF Files created from scanned documents.
To get started with this great program to edit PDFs, all you need to do is, navigate to the Sejda website > upload the PDF you want to edit > use the toolbar to make the necessary alterations to PDF files.
- Tools to add text, links, images, and signatures to PDF documents.
- Integrates with cloud storage services.
- Annotating your docs with this PDF Editor Software is super easy.
- Add signatures, comments and links on PDF files.
- Can edit text, though on a limited basis
- Supports inserting photos
- You can edit an unlimited number of documents
- Cannot remove or edit existing images
- Has no OCR engine
9. PDF Candy
Compatibility: Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista
Price: Free, $29.95
If you prefer the best free PDF Editor for Windows 10, give PDF Candy a try. Although the text-editing functionalities are limited, it excels in the fastest PDF creation and conversion. Additionally, it helps users to annotate the documents, crop & resize pages, password-protect PDFs and helps in watermarking each page as well. As soon as your tasks get complete, you can download the document to your device and you can save and store them at popular cloud storage platforms like Google Drive or Dropbox. Just like any other online PDF Editor, you can use the PDF Candy web-based version that guarantees complete security of your files (as it uploads and downloads PDFs with encryption).
After uploading the files, you can get started with PDF editing – – add texts, highlight important parts, draw shapes, insert images, strikethroughs, add e-signatures and so on.
- Supports file compression, conversion, password protection etc.
- Uses OCR Technology to turn scanned PDFs into editable ones.
- Capabilities to split and merge PDF Files.
- “Edit metadata” tool modifies such metadata values as author, title, subject, keywords etc.
- Easy interface and options
- Rich PDF tools
- Provides professional-level results
- Supports several languages
- No native PDF viewer included
10. Icecream PDF Editor
Compatibility: Windows 10, 8, 7 (Both 32-bit & 64-bit)
Price: Free version, $49.95
Last but not the least, meet Icecream PDF Editor – it’s an extremely popular free PDF Editor tool for Windows 10, 8.1, 8 and 7. The software enables you to create and edit single or multiple PDF files without any hassles. You just need to make use of four major editing modes it provides – – Edit, Annotate, Manage Pages and Fill-In Forms. Using these modules, you can edit text, add relevant notes, reorder pages, merge etc. Additionally, the PDF Editor Software for Windows helps in password-protecting important PDF documents.
What’s more? Unlike other Best Windows 10 Apps edit PDFs, Icecream PDF Editor helps in making custom stamps for faster and better PDF proofreading. Quite useful, right?
- Merge PDF documents into one file.
- Draw, add shapes, arrows and lines to a PDF document.
- Easily extract specific pages from the whole PDF.
- Insert photographs in formats like JPEG, PNG, SVG etc.
- Supports languages like English, Spanish, Japanese, French, Italian, Portuguese etc
- Allows you to edit text, manage pages & highlight areas
- Supports combining/merging documents
- Add relevant notes to each page
- More formats should be added
Frequently Asked Questions (Top PDF Editing Tools 2022)
Q1. Does Windows 10 have a PDF editor?
Well, Windows comes with an Edge browser that comes pre-installed with the OS and allows users to view PDF natively. You can double-click the PDF file and open it in the MS Edge browser.
Q2. Which PDF editor is best for Windows 10?
Adobe PDF editor for Windows 10 is one of the best apps to view and edit PDFs on Windows 10. Besides Adobe Acrobat, you can give a try to PDFelement, PDFescape etc.
Q3. Is there a free PDF editor for Windows 10?
PDFsam Basic version is an honest PDF editing application for Windows available for free of cost. With this truly free PDF editor software, you can merge, split, extract pages, rotate and mix documents easily. It is available for Windows, Mac and Linux.
Q4. How much does a PDF editor cost? Usually, a good PDF Editor Software starts at a range of $20/Year. However, depending on the features set and advantages that price can go up to $150 and so.
Conclusion: Which Is The Best Software To Read & Edit PDF Files? (2022)
Advanced PDF Manager is one of the best PDF software for your Windows PC if you are looking for a PDF manager as well. Adobe Acrobat is another of the choices for the PDF Reader and Editor for Windows. The application has certainly earned that position. The full-fledged PDF Editor Software meets all users’ expectations, by offering a comprehensive set of PDF reading, editing, and manipulation tools. Not only this, it helps users in editing scanned documents as well. Its inbuilt OCR engine can effortlessly convert scanned files to text, through which you can search the exact element and make necessary alterations
Using this PDF Editor App for Windows 10, you can even convert PDFs into various file formats to Word documents, Excel spreadsheets, PowerPoint presentations etc. Its editing options include abilities to reorder, rotate, annotate, crop, split pages as per your requirements. If you are looking for more, then you can upgrade the program to its other versions, which might be suitable for your individual or business needs.
Have any feedback or queries related to any blog post? Drop your message at our Contact Us Page. We’ll get back to you as soon as possible!