You are all set to test your worth in some of the best gaming titles. But, before you jump in the arena, as a prudent gamer it is advisable that you download and install an antivirus on your Windows PC so that no hacker or malicious threat can destroy either your gaming experience or the rest of the precious data that resides within your PC. Presenting some of the best gaming PC Antivirus for gaming that you can choose from.
|Top Software Reviews
|2.Norton 360 for Gamers
|10.Bitdefender Total Security
When you are all set to start gaming, and showing your prowess in some popular gaming titles, a good gaming rig and a good PC game aren’t the only things that would suffice. You also need powerful virus protection for your gaming PC.
Here are a few instances that will justify that Antivirus protection is an absolute necessity when playing games on a PC –
- Some gamers with malicious intentions may send you malicious files in the name of game-related props. With the absence of an Antivirus tool, you may accidentally install malware.
- Maybe you are looking for a game that’s not yet released. You then come across a platform where the same game is available. Without an Antivirus you won’t be able to differentiate whether the website is genuine or a scam.
- Phishing is yet another danger that many gamers fall prey to. An Antivirus tool stops you from opening any mail attachment or any item that could be infiltrated.
What Is The Need for An Antivirus On A Gaming PC
- Many Antivirus come with features that can stop other background processes or even notifications that otherwise can create hindrances in your gaming session.
- An Antivirus tool works in real-time which means the moment you download, install, or perform any action with a file, the Antivirus will pounce in action and check if the file contains a threat.
- In addition to the above point, most Antivirus put threats in quarantine so that you can act upon them later. You can rest assured that these suspicious files will be placed in a distinct location other than your system.
- Most modern Antivirus comes packed with web protection that can prevent you from stumbling upon malicious websites while you are looking for platforms to download games or other executables.
Best Antivirus for Gaming PC
- T9 Antivirus
- Advanced Protection modes
- Performance Optimization
- Manages startup programs
- USB protection for PC
- $39.95 / year
- Kaspersky Total Security
- Excellent Malware protection
- Password management tool
- Effective VPN solution
- New stalkware protection
- $49.99 / year Download Here
- AVG Free AntiVirus
- FreeDownload Here
- Panda Free Antivirus
- Real-time Antivirus.
- USB Virus scanning.
- startup scanning.
- Supports scheduled scans
- FreeDownload Here
- Avast Free Antivirus
- Block spyware & adware
- Protection against ransomware
- Use ML to defend
- Encrypts passwords
- FreeDownload Here
- Avira Antivirus
- Integrated VPN service.
- Protection from ransomware.
- Effective browser extensions.
- Web/Email protection
- $44.99 / year Download Here
|Name of The Antivirus for Gaming PC
|Free trial available. Then pricing starts at $39.95/ year
|Norton 360 for Gamers
|Free trial available. Then pricing starts at $49.99/year
|Free trial available. Pricing starts at $44.99 for the first year.
|Free trial available. Pricing starts at $4.99/ month, billed as $59.88 for the first year.
|Free trial available. Pricing starts at $29.99 per year
|Free trial available. Then, pricing starts at $19.20/ year
|Free trial available.
|Free trial available. Then, pricing starts at $9.99/ month.
|Bitdefender Total Security
|Free trial available. Pricing starts at $39.98
1. T9 Antivirus
First on our list of best Antivirus for gaming is T9 Antivirus. It is lightweight and has a simple user interface. It has everything that can help keep you protected from all kinds of viruses while you are gaming on your Windows PC. Its features like real-time scanning, web and firewall protection, and many other features can help you steer clear of malware. We have discussed many such features in this post.
- Real-time and on-demand protection.
- A powerful firewall that lets you control internet access for any application.
- Exploit protection is capable of handling vulnerabilities that could be present in a game.
- When downloading games from websites, the web protection will stop you from stumbling upon malicious websites.
- Quick, deep and custom scan modes.
- Malware databases are updated regularly.
- Suspicious items are placed in the quarantine list away from the system.
- Schedule scans at your desired time.
- Remove malicious startup items.
Pricing – Free trial available. Then pricing starts at $39.95/ year
2. Norton 360 for Gamers
Norton is the maker of some of the best Windows-related products such as Norton Utilities. Since we are discussing Antivirus tools for Windows 11/10 PC, the list will be incomplete without Norton. However, here is a variant that caters to the needs of avid gamers i.e. Norton 360. Here are some of the notable aspects of Norton 360 for Gamers.
- Automatically detects games and provides maximum power.
- Free PC from resource-hungry apps so that your rig can use maximum power.
- 50 GB cloud backup so that you can store gaming clips. Talking of which you might want to consider these game recorders for your gaming PC.
- Real-time protection from phishing attacks.
- Promptly notifies you if you are under attack.
- It optimizes all those programs that are important from a gaming perspective.
- No hacker can barge into your WebCam thanks to PC SafeCam
- Password manager to protect gaming accounts. Looking for advanced options, try these.
- Robust firewall protects against unauthorized traffic.
- Some features may prompt you to install additional apps.
Pricing – Free trial available. Then pricing starts at $49.99/year
3. Kaspersky Antivirus
Looking for Antivirus protection for your gaming PC rig? Kaspersky is an option you can look out for. For one, it has a repute of optimizing PC performance and second, all its variants – Standard Plan, Plus Plan, and Premium Plan come with a Do Not Disturb Mode that automatically switches off any distractions that can hamper your gaming performance or even movies viewing experience for that matter.
- Do not disturb mode to stop distractions.
- Gaming mode can turn on as soon as the software detects full-screen mode.
- Two-way firewall detects both incoming and outgoing network requests.
- When the Game Mode is activated, Kaspersky doesn’t run updates or run scans.
- Comes with a file shredder that overwrites deleted files so that they can become irrecoverable.
- Robust protection against all kinds of malicious threats including ransomware.
- Warns you when you enter a malicious website.
- Minimal impact on system performance.
- Also lets you remove duplicate and large files.
- Unlike many other competitors, you don’t have much control over scans.
Pricing – Free trial available. Pricing starts at $44.99 for the first year.
If there is one Antivirus, that is recommended for Gamers, it is TotalAV.m It is trusted by millions of gamers across the globe and has the repute of being frequently updated. This means even the most recent and sophisticated malicious threats can’t pass the defenses of TotalAV. It has performed well when tested against threats by some of the reputed malware testing labs.
- Combines Antivirus, VPN, and Adblocker.
- Silent mode helps uninterrupted streaming and gaming.
- Checks installs, downloads, and other executables in real-time for viruses.
- WebShield helps browse the web securely.
- Store passwords in one place.
- Safeguard online purchases and identity.
- Functionality to schedule scans.
- Delete old junk and duplicated files
- Uninstall applications that are not in use.
- Safe Search fails to work sometimes.
Pricing – Free
5. AVG AntiVirus
In the world of Antiviruses, AVG Antivirus is one of the most popular names. It can easily identify malware definitions and protect your computer from the likes of rootkits, trojans, worms, cryptojackers, ransomware, and various other malicious threats. It is also one of the best free Antivirus that prevent your PC from threats while you are gaming. To know more about this tool, you can check out this review.
- Do Not Disturb to shun unnecessary notifications.
- Ransomware protection.
- Webcam protection.
- Get immediate hack alerts.
- Comes with a highly secure VPN.
- Consumes limited resources.
- Excellent scores from multiple labs.
- Browser cleaner helps remove online traces.
- Sleep mode helps put unused programs to sleep.
- Sometimes shows false positives.
Pricing – Free trial available. Pricing starts at $4.99/ month, billed as $59.88 for the first year.
6. McAfee LiveSafe
It is an all-in-one malware protection solution that doesn’t just protect the data on your computer but also makes sure that your web presence is free from threats. This is relevant in terms of gaming if you are someone who is an avid gamer and whose credentials may have gotten into the wrong hands. We have discussed many of its features in this post.
- Real-time and on-demand protection.
- Scan files right from the File Explorer. For example, a recent game you have downloaded from a source other than the game’s own website.
- Advanced firewall protection.
- Threats are placed in quarantine.
- Removes unwanted items like cookies.
- Ability to check protection score on the web.
- Secure VPN.
- ID protection.
- Schedule scanning.
- Occasional lags.
Pricing – Free trial available. Pricing starts at $29.99 per year
7. Panda Antivirus
Another free Antivirus for gaming PC that comes with Advanced protection is Panda Antivirus. It packs some powerful features and again it is one of those Antivirus tools that ensures that you stay protected both online and offline. Many of its variants also come with parental controls which can be a great aspect for parents of young gamers.
- Advanced firewall protection.
- Wi-Fi protection.
- PC Optimization.
- Protection when shopping online.
- VPN with premium variants.
- Cloud-based hence you get daily updates.
- Light on resources.
- Parental control helps set time limits and restrict app use.
- Clean up unnecessary files.
- Some advanced features are available only in paid versions.
Pricing – Free trial available. Then, pricing starts at $19.20/ year
8. Avast Antivirus
As a free Antivirus for gaming, Avast Antivirus has a lot to offer. To begin with, it comes with 6 layers of security with which it scans anything that comes under its scanner – software, apps, and files for prospective vulnerabilities. It is trusted by over 435 million users worldwide and is capable of catching hold of the most recent threats.
- Best-in-class Wi-Fi security.
- Protection against ransomware attacks.
- Scans the device even while the system is switched off.
- The behavior shield alerts you if any app/ game behaves suspiciously.
- Get alerts in case your passwords are compromised.
- Quarantine harmful files.
- You can block unsafe.
- Botnet shield prevents your computer from becoming a bot.
- Mail shield alerts you against malicious email attachments.
- Some competitors offer better firewalls.
Pricing – Free trial available.
9. Avira Antivirus
Avira Antivirus is a decent Antivirus that can add protection while you are enjoying your gaming session. It can help block all kinds of viruses and malicious threats such as adware, spyware, ransomware and many others. It is a lightweight Antivirus program that doesn’t take a toll on your computer’s resources and as a result, doesn’t slow down your computer.
- Dedicated game booster with the help of which you can optimize selected games.
- Isolate unimportant apps to a single CPU core.
- Checks network for threats.
- Manage passwords with a dedicated password manager.
- Enable/ disable game booster with one click.
- VPN included.
- Ability to block ads.
- It comes with system tune-up tools.
- No web protection in the free version.
Pricing – Free trial available. Then, pricing starts at $9.99/ month.
10. Bitdefender Total Security
Last but not least we have Bitdefender Total Security and just because it is last on the list doesn’t mean it is any less. As we had discussed in one of our previous posts, it is one of the best lightweight Antivirus for Windows 11/10 PC. It is one of those Antivirus tools that optimizes PC for best gaming performance and its below-mentioned features testify to that.
- Adjust power plan apt for gaming.
- Postpone Windows updates.
- Add games for which you want game settings.
- Autopilot mode to configure the best settings suitable for gaming.
- Increase in frame rate.
- Integrated VPN.
- Password Manager.
- Malware database is updated regularly
- As compared to competitors might consume more system resources.
Pricing – Free trial available. Pricing starts at $39.98
Don’t Game Unguarded – Choose An Antivirus
To steer clear of malicious threats while enjoying a smooth gameplay experience, an Antivirus can play a pivotal role. And, for that, we have enlisted some of the best Antivirus tools for your gaming PC. Choose the one that suits your needs and helps you bring your A-game.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. Do gamers need Antivirus?
Gamers should certainly install Antivirus on their gaming rig as cyber threats can disrupt their gaming experience. Not just that, malware and other malicious dangers can damage their system and the personal data that resides within it.
Q2. Does antivirus affect FPS?
Most modern-day Antivirus are designed in such a way that they don’t hinder frames per second. Instead, they optimize your PC in such a manner that you can enjoy an enhanced gaming experience with great graphics.
Q3. Does McAfee affect gaming?
Just like other Antivirus tools, McAfee may impact your gaming too. But rest assured, the impact will be minimal and manageable.
Q4. Is there a free antivirus that offers a gaming mode?
Yes, there are many Antivirus like Avira Antivirus and Kaspersky Antivirus and many others that offer gaming mode. Here they offer features like closing down unwanted backgrounded processes or apps or detecting any malicious suspicious links.