Fast Duplicate File Finder Review: Remove Duplicates from Windows
Are you looking for an easy solution to find duplicate files on your Windows PC? Fast Duplicate File Finder is one of the best duplicate finders for your PC. You can find out what it is popular for and how it functions in this Fast Duplicate File Finder review blog.
The Fast Duplicate File Finder software will look for duplicate files and folders from your computer but will also scan the entire network for the same. It compares each file in the computer to extract duplicate files, even if both similar files have different file names. It can be used for free and this is what makes it stand out among the best duplicate file finders for Windows PC. The premium version of this software i.e. Fast Duplicate File Finder Pro is also available. It helps you sift through similar files regardless of the file type and provides more features. This tool can comprehend and scan more than forty well-known image formats and supports over three-hundred raw camera image formats.
Fast Duplicate File Finder is a tool that can help eliminate the process of manually finding duplicate files and removing them. If you want to find and get rid of duplicate files from your system quickly, this tool is for you. Among all the duplicate finder apps, the Fast duplicate file finder works with the smart algorithm to give you accuracy in the results. Let us now go through the details in this Fast Duplicate File Finder review.
Uses byte-by-byte comparison that results in true duplicates.
Can scan folders, CD/DVD ROM, USB Flash Drives & more.
Lives up to its name and runs at the fastest scanning speed.
Supports common multimedia audio, video, image & docs
The interface is a little outdated
Why Should We Choose Fast Duplicate File Finder?
Fast Duplicate File Finder Pro is a popular tool that helps find identical, similar, or duplicate files from your computer and suggests their elimination. It helps free the hard disk or SSD space that these duplicate files have eaten up. The software looks for similar files based on their file attributes or types. It also digs into the file’s content and metadata to identify the similarity between duplicate files. This increases the accuracy, making the software more popular than the rest.
It can look for any format of duplicate files, including music, photos, images, PDFs, and documents. Once the user adds the folder and hits the ‘Start Scan’ button, the tool will quickly analyze the identical files and list them in a tabular format. Sorting the scanned result is also easy. The parameters include the file name, size, similarity level, group, etc.
Current Version – 22.214.171.124
File Size: 10.62 MB
Compatibility – Windows 11, Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP (32 bit or 64 bit both)
Processor – 200 MHz or higher processor
Memory – 512 MB or more RAM
Disk space – 20 MB of free space
Change Auto Marking Selection Priorities
All file formats supported
How to Use Fast Duplicate File Finder Windows 10?
Let’s begin with installing the application on the computer by following these steps.
1. Visit the Fast Duplicate File Finder download link from the download button given below.
2. Once the file gets downloaded, double-click the executable file. Install the software from that location by clicking ‘Next’ and ‘Install’.
3. The application will launch after the installation is complete as marked by default. Or else, go to ‘Start’ and search for Fast Duplicate File Finder and click enter to run it.
4. On the home screen go to the toolbar and click on the ‘Add Folder’ button to add a new folder that you want to scan.
5. Next, choose the scanning method from the right window pane of the tool. Set the similarity percentage for the tool to start detecting.
6. Finally, click on the ‘Start Scan’ button.
7. After the scan gets completed, it will display the results. All the duplicate files along with their exact folder location, size, and percentage of similarity in a tabular form.
Once the scan is complete, users can see the grid filled with all the details of the files along with their similarity percentages.
8. Preview the files by clicking on them and you view them at the bottom of the screen. You can also click on them to get an overview. the checkbox, you can delete them.
Once the application finishes the scanning process, it will list all the duplicate files into groups and automatically label all the oldest files for elimination.
9. Fast Duplicate File Finder automatically groups the duplicate files and marks all others leaving one. This Automatic selection can also be customized as per your needs.
10. Once you are done selecting the files, mark them and click on the Delete Checked Files to Recycle Bin and Perform button. You can also choose other options from the given list such as Delete them permanently or the copy or move them.
Command Line Parameters
The duplicate finder can also be run in the command-line (command prompt) tool. Here are some commands that you can employ.
DupFileFinder.exe -s -run -exp
-run: Helps in performing a duplicate files scan immediately after the program is started
-exp: Helps in exporting the command-line parameter.
-s:– helps in SILENT execution.
65% - Good
Excellent, clean, standard, and generous workspace to easily list and identify duplicate files. Toolbar comprises the basic functions – New Project, Open Project, Save Project, Add folder, Filter, Start Scan, Pause, AutoCheck, and other buttons so that users can quickly access them. A right window pane shows the list of folders for adding & scanning. The second section of that right window pane comprises different scanning methods, where users can tweak with the various scanning attributes.
The grid on the left and Centre shows the list of scanned file details. The panel in the lower section shows details about auto-check and delete, along with a Preview screen to see the files. At the bottom of the screen is the status bar that shows the check progress.
70% - Good
1. Smart Algorithm – This tool leverages advanced clone remover algorithms to search accurately for the related files through the content and metadata, employing fuzzy searching techniques. To identify and fetch similar files, Fast Duplicate File Finder implements a rapid binary differentiation algorithm. Such algorithms can internally render the content of lots of images, music, documents, video, and text formats.
2. Multiple Deleting Options – It has a feature to send duplicate files into the recycle bin, a custom-built folder, or delete them permanently. You can also move them or copy them to another location on your computer. This feature is helpful to those who are not ready to remove the files just yet. You can also review them later on or choose to free up space with options available.
3. Scans Drives & Network – It supports various removable devices such as SSDs, diskettes, USB drives, and other flash drives. You can use it to find duplicate files on external drives and also on the network.
4. AutoCheck Filters – It also renders robust filtering capabilities to keep out from auto checking options. Duplicate files are clustered and are shown in different colors. Depending on the ‘Auto Check’ settings, the tool will mark the files with older file dates. Note that the feature to customize the filters is only available in the Fast Duplicate File Finder Pro version.
5. Set Similarity Filters – It allows the user to set the process priority so that the application scans the system for duplicate files in its idle time. This works when you enter the options right before the scan.
6. Protect Files – Users also get the chance to protect particular files (plus system files) and folders. By default, this feature remains enabled, ensuring that the app will not terminate or eliminate any essential system files that are considered duplicated.
60% - Good
Fast Duplicate File Finder’s download and installation process is quite smooth. But the updates section for the software is not very progressive. As it does not incorporate an option to update the tool for your computer manually. You will be required to visit the official website and download it again to get the latest version. Other than that, it does provide you with regular updates and fixes the bugs to work for the improvement.
70% - Good
You can easily get a Fast Duplicate File Finder free version on your computer to scan for duplicates. It is a good option for those looking for a temporary fix to the duplicate files issues. But the Pro version provides more options and can be purchased for as many PCs at various prices.
For the speed of the Fast Duplicate File Finder, it suffices to the name and does a quick scan and shows results instantly. As the name suggests, this tool can speedily scan for duplicate files (2GHz). Although it may vary from user to user depending on the speed of your computer.
60% - Good
In the case of the support provided by Fast Duplicate File Finder, you can quickly access the Help option from the tool itself. It will provide you with the option to go to the Support page, FAQs, Go To Home Page, etc. There are tutorials and help blogs along with frequently asked questions on the official website. You can also contact the support team via email, but there are no other means to connect to them.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. What is the best duplicate file finder?
Fast Duplicate File Finder portable is one of the best duplicate file finders. This is because it has a fast binary comparison algorithm that can minutely check each file’s signature for better accuracy. It can perform checks on various devices such as SSDs, diskettes, USB drives, and other flash drives. Also, it can support over three-hundred raw camera image formats and has multi-language features.
Q2. Is Fast Duplicate File Finder safe?
Yes, Fast Duplicate File Finder is safe. It is certified software and provides regular patch updates to mitigate all security flaws.
Q3. Does Windows 10 have a duplicate file finder?
Windows 10 does not come with a default duplicate file finder. Users have to download and install one of the third-party applications, such as Fast Duplicate File Finder, as it quickly gets rid of duplicate files from your computer. Q4. How do I find duplicate files in Windows 10? Although Windows 10 does not come with a default duplicate file finder, users can find duplicate files by downloading and installing a duplicate file finder. Go to the Fast Duplicate File Finder website and download and install the Fast Duplicate File Finder Windows 10, and use it to scan for duplicate files.
We hope this article has given you a clear idea along with a quick Fast Duplicate File Finder review so that you can make an informed choice. This tool has an intuitive interface even though it may appear a bit old-fashioned. It has both free and paid versions to accommodate your needs.
This is one of the best and fastest duplicate file remover tools that can precisely find duplicate files from any part of the system. Also, I’ll prefer to use it because of its speed and accuracy in finding duplicate files of different sorts.
We look forward to your comments to know more about your opinion on this blog post. Also, if you liked this, we recommend you to check out – Duplicate Files Fixer which can easily delete duplicates on Windows PC. For more such reviews on Windows software, keep visiting Top10PCSoftware. Also, follow us on the social media platforms for the latest updates for Windows software. We are on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and Flipboard