Your music gallery has a great music collection. But, there also lies a problem. It has several hundreds of duplicates that you need to get rid of. Here what you need is a duplicate music remover tool that can help remove duplicate music files accurately based on their content.
|Top Software Reviews
|1.Duplicate Music Fixer
|2.Music Duplicate Remover
|3.Duplicate Files Fixer
|5.Duplicate Music Remover
|8.Clones Files Checker
|9.Duplicate Files Deleter
Your Windows PC has a huge collection of some of the best songs and you are tasked with selecting some of the choicest songs for a party at your place. With the party just a few hours away, you have to pick some 100 songs from a library of thousands of MP3 files which also contain a lot of duplicates. A duplicate music finder is a tool that can help you magically remove duplicate files and in turn even sort your otherwise cluttered gallery.
Here we have compiled a list of some of the best paid and free duplicate music remover tools for Windows PC.
Best Duplicate Music Finder and Remover for Windows 11/10
1. Duplicate Music Fixer
First on our list of tools to remove duplicate MP3 files is Duplicate Music Fixer. It helps remove both exact duplicates as well as similar-looking duplicate music files. When you scan for duplicate audio files using this tool, the tool groups duplicate files so that you can easily choose the one that you want to keep. Furthermore, it enforces advanced algorithms to search for duplicate music files.
- Find duplicate music files based on ID3 tags like artists, album, file type, bitrate, title, name, etc.
- Automark duplicates MP3 files using a selection assistant.
- Scanned results are displayed side by side so that it’s easy for you to compare files.
- The duplicate music finder tool helps in deduplicating your gallery and rearranging it.
- You can export duplicate and damaged music file lists.
- Advanced scan and search algorithm to scan and remove duplicate music files.
- Preview music files using the integrated play button before deleting them.
- The software automatically creates playlists.
- You can change selection assistant priorities based on your needs.
- An option for cloud storage mediums should be added.
Pricing – Free trial available. Pricing starts at $29.95
2. Music Duplicate Remover
Next on our list of duplicate music remover tools is Music Duplicate Remover. It doesn’t just scan and remove duplicate audio files on the basis of merely ID3 tags but, it also dives deeper into various other file parameters and even analyzes the sound of the audio file. The tool gives you complete control over whether you want to remove audio files manually or automatically.
- Find and remove duplicates by ID3 tags, by sound or by file parameters.
- Ability to adjust grouping options.
- Offers four rules for sorting duplicates.
- It comes with three preinstall schemes for finding duplicate MP3 files – by ID3 tags, by sound, and by both.
- Remove bulk duplicate MP3 files.
- You can drag and drop music files into the interface to scan and remove duplicate music files.
- It can help remove duplicate music files both from your PC’s hard drive as well as external storage devices.
- Multilingual interface.
- Built-in player to preview audio files.
- Its interface can be slightly complicated for the first-time user.
Pricing – Free trial available. Pricing starts at $59.95
3. Duplicate Files Fixer
Let’s assume it’s not just the duplicate music files that are making your digital life tough, but, presuming your PC is cluttered with various different kinds of duplicate files. In this case, Duplicate File Fixer is the ultimate tool that can help you get rid of duplicate files in no time at all. It helps remove duplicate pictures, audio files, archives, documents and all other kinds of files.
- Review scanned results.
- Auto-mark duplicate files leaving one copy unmarked in each group.
- Exclude folders that you want to remove from the scanning list.
- Scan computer, Dropbox, Google Drive, mobile, and EML files.
- Simply drag and drop individual music files or complete folders for scanning.
- Scan both internal and external storage mediums for duplicate MP3 files.
- Get rid of empty files and folders.
- Set auto-mark rules to mark duplicate files based on a set hierarchy.
- You can also scan hidden files and folders.
- No integrated play button to play and preview music files.
Pricing – Free trial available. Pricing starts at $39.95
On the face of it, Similarity may look like a very simple tool. But, it is indeed a force to reckon with as a duplicate music finder tool. It uses “Acoustic Fingerprint” technology which is used to analyze the contents of music files deeply. Only after that, it enlists the duplicate files in front of you. It also has an inbuilt media player with which you can preview audio files before deleting them.
- Identify duplicates not just based on tags but based on the actual contents of the file.
- Gives a quality score so that you can pick high-quality music.
- Save results to a file and restore them back for further processing at any point of time.
- Inbuilt media player to preview files before taking any action.
- Automatically mark files for deletion or moving.
- The comparison technology used by Similarity is powered by “acoustic fingerprint” technology.
- Support for all major audio formats – MP3, WMA, AAC, FLAC, etc.
- Comes with an inbuilt tag editor, sonogram analyzer, spectrum analyzer, and automatic tag converter.
- Work with different folder groups to limit comparison to specific folders only.
- The scanning speed could have been better.
Pricing – Free trial available. Pricing starts at $19.95
5. Duplicate Music Remover
Duplicate Music Remover is a free software that can help you remove duplicate music files from both your internal as well as external storage mediums. It gives you the facility to mark up unnecessary duplicates in the report list and then you can carefully get rid of the right duplicates that are clogging up space on your computer.
- Find duplicate MP3 music files and other formats not just by ID3 tags or technical parameters but also by sound.
- Choose to remember(save) scan results.
- Select file extension, bitrate, and comparison priority.
- Ignore fields with empty values.
- Support for a variety of file formats.
- Get rid of low-quality duplicates and keep only high-quality files.
- Functionality to export scan results.
- Replace tags if need be.
- Complete control on grouping options i.e. choose a list of folders where duplicates must be preserved and folders where duplicates must be removed.
- Scanning speed could have been better.
Pricing – Free
6. Duplicate Sweeper
Duplicate Sweeper is one of the best ways to remove duplicate MP3 files. It uses an advanced search algorithm to identify files with the same content swiftly. One of the highlights of Duplicate Sweeper is that, with it, you can search for duplicate music files even in your Google Drive, OneDrive, and iCloud Drive. It is available as both paid and free duplicate music remover.
- Drag and drop duplicate music files.
- Remove duplicate documents, pictures, archives and other file formats.
- Choose what to keep with duplicate music files – keep the newest files, keep the oldest files, or unselect all files in the group.
- Option to recycle or retrieve accidentally removed duplicate music files from the Recycle Bin.
- Preview duplicate music files before deleting them.
- Find and get rid of broken tracks.
- Remove duplicate music files from external storage mediums, iCloud Drive and Google Drive.
- Occasional lags.
Pricing – Free trial available. Pricing starts at $25 (Approx.)
DupeGuru is one of the best free and open-source tools to get rid of unwanted duplicate music files. Apart from music files, it can detect duplicate archives, documents, pictures, and various other files. We have already covered a post, where we have delved into the various aspects of duGuru – its features, pricing, and other aspects.
- Easy file management.
- Save and load results.
- Preview files before deleting them.
- Special music mode to scan tags and it even shows specific music-related information.
- Highly customizable.
- Fuzzy matching algorithm to find duplicate files.
- Engine has been specifically designed keeping safety in mind.
- Less effective as compared to specialist tools.
Pricing – Free and open source software
8. Clones Files Checker
Regardless of where you have duplicate MP3 files – In your computer’s local storage, or, cloud storage mediums such as OneDrive, Dropbox, Google Drive, Amazon S3, and Box Cloud, Clones Files Checker helps you deduplicate your desired location. It is lightweight software and doesn’t take much of your computer’s storage space.
- Finds duplicate music based on different tags.
- Search for duplicate data in Google Drive, Dropbox, and OneDrive.
- Remove dead iTunes tracks.
- Restore accidentally deleted duplicate files with one click.
- Move cloned files to another folder.
- Ability to delete empty folders.
- Backup data in a compressed format.
- You may have to carefully review files as compared to some other tools on the list.
Pricing – Available as a free duplicate music finder software.
9. Duplicate Files Deleter
While primarily it is a software with which you can find duplicate files, it is also an effective duplicate music fixer as well. It is a simple-to-use software that helps free up storage space and even optimize PC performance. It comes with filters and comparison methods to search for duplicates. It works well on all the versions of Windows even on the older versions.
- Copy, rename, delete, and move duplicate files.
- System and hidden file support.
- Several options to filter post-scan results.
- Various music tag comparison methods.
- 100% accurate byte-by-byte file comparison.
- Exclude files from scanning.
- Multi-thread support.
- Unlike many other software the automark function may not be that accurate.
Pricing – Free trial available. Pricing starts at $24.70
AllDup is a free to use software that helps in searching and removing duplicate files from your Windows PC. It comes packed with a fast search algorithm with which you can find all kinds of duplicate files across MP3 files, movies, text files, etc.
- You can exclude individual files or entire folders from searches.
- Ability to create duplicate files and create hard links.
- Ignore ID3 tags of MP3 files.
- Export search results to CSV, text or Excel file.
- Fast search algorithm.
- Support for external storage mediums.
- Get detailed log files about the scans conducted.
- Sometimes returns inaccurate results.
Pricing – Free duplicate MP3 finder
Time To Sort Your Music Gallery
We often download duplicate copies of music files. Maybe you have downloaded the same song sung in various versions or various remixes of the same have been created. Now, if you have to zero down on the right duplicates, you can choose from duplicate music removal tools like the ones mentioned above.
Do give us a shoutout in the comments section below, if you found value in the above post. For more such content, keep reading Top10PCSoftware.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. How do I delete duplicate MP3 files for free?
You can easily and quickly get rid of duplicate files by using tools like Duplicate Music Fixer and Duplicate Files Fixer. These tools employ fast and intelligent search algorithms that analyze the content of the music files as well as enforce other filters to find and remove duplicate files.
Q2. How do I find duplicate MP3 files?
To find duplicate MP3 files, one way is to manually look for duplicates. But, if say, there are hundreds, thousands or more duplicates, a duplicate MP3 finder software can be the wisest move that can help in getting rid of duplicate files quickly.
Q3. What is the best free duplicate MP3 finder?
We have curated a list of some of the best duplicate MP3 finders. For instance, Duplicate Music Fixer, Music Duplicate Remover, and Similarity are some of the best tools to identify and remove duplicate MP3 files.