Recuva Data Recovery gives impressive results if you have lost any data saved on your system that you cannot afford to lose. This versatile and reliable tool is available in both freeware and premium versions and will not disappoint you.
Recuva is a reliable data recovery tool for Windows that can help users to recover the critical files they might have deleted unintentionally. However, the data deleted can be retrieved from the Recycle Bin, but, what if you have removed the files from there as well? In such instances, a file recovery program like Recuva comes handy as a great help.
What if you accidentally lose an important file? Don’t panic, Recuva can help! Losing a file or folder unexpectedly from your Windows happens when you click the option as ‘Yes’ instead of ‘No’. Or, it might be because of some glitch on any of your system drive.
Data deletion, corruption, or data loss is the common issue we all are somehow dealing with. It can be both deliberate and unknowingly done by a virus attack. The unpredictability of data makes it harder for a user to deal with it.
Fortunately, there is much software that targets data recovery. What does data recovery software do? The programs like Recuva can scan and recognize a number of the file types from the damaged partitions, disk drives, etc. Furthermore, it restores the deleted files from Recycle Bin even after it has been emptied.
Recuva: Features At A Glance
- Undelete files on your computer.
- Recover data from damaged or formatted disks.
- Recover deleted emails from Microsoft Outlook Express, Mozilla Thunderbird or Windows Live Mail.
- Recover deleted iPod Music along with additional track data.
- Restore unsaved word documents.
- Quick-Start wizard with Deep scan feature.
- Securely delete files you want to erase forever.
- A Portable tool to take with you anywhere you go.
- Supports all Windows OS in 37+ languages.
Recuva: A Brief Overview
Data Recovery & Protection
- Available in both for installation and in portable versions for convenient usage.
- It has a simple wizard with advanced options.
- Ability to recover multiple files.
- The download page is a bit confusing, and the installer sometimes tries to add programs to your computer.
- Supports only Windows PC.
- The free version offers limited recovery; therefore, it is better to get Recuva’s Professional version.
Top 5 Data Recovery Software
- Advanced Disk Recovery
- $39.95 Save 42.9%
- Recover Unlimited Data
- Quick & Deep Scan
- Highly Compatible
- Maximum Security
- Download HereReview
- Stellar Data Recovery
- Powerful scanning feature.
- Preview before the recovery.
- All types of file recovery.
- Recovers lost emails from Outlook.
- Disk imaging for HDDs.
- Download HereReview
- Aryson Windows
- Recover Lost Files
- Repair Corrupt Files
- Recover damaged RAW Storage
- Compatible with windows
- Download HereReview
- Recover data from formatted disks
- Recover deleted emails
- Recover deleted iPod Music
- Supports all Windows OS
- Download HereReview
Since, now you know what Recuva’s pros and cons are, let us proceed further and dive into some of its notable features.
What is the first thing you see after downloading software? Yes, it is the looks, the interface of the software, is the main thing that can either make or break the interest of the user. Recuva, therefore, comes up with an easy to understand interface.
Recuva’s user-interface is basic, simple, and quite minimalistic, making users comfortable while using it. Apart from its looks, the navigation to the next steps is made quite impressive. Being a user, you just need to launch the app and follow the instructions displayed. By following these navigation steps, you will see ‘Start Scan’. That’s it; your system is under a scan process. Next, you’ll receive a list of files that can be recovered in the next window.
Recuva offers spectacular features that you might be looking for in a data recovery software. Let’s check out what Recuva has to provide its users.
- Undelete File On Your Computer
Intentionally or unintentionally we all have deleted our files and regretted later, be it a photograph(s), documents, music files, or even emails. Recuva comes handy for people like us who regret later for the things that we delete. Install Recuva, and you can get all of them back quickly, safely, and efficiently. This software works for you by scanning your drives and locating the file; you need to get them back.
- Recovers From Damaged or Formatted Disks
No wonder why Recuva is counted amongst the best data recovery tools. It is because it can make a recovery from the damaged or formatted disks as well. Yes, it can recover the files from a dreaded hard drive and even recovers pictures from the memory card that no longer works.
- Quick Start Wizard
Recuva has a quick start wizard that guides beginners and intermediate users about the process of recovering files. You just need to let Recuva know what data you need to recover and where they were located before getting deleted, and this fantastic program will do the rest.
- Deep Scan
Recuva gives you a chance to tweak the work of the software as you want. It works wonderfully even in its default installation. While looking for a file that you lost a couple of days back or also you are not able to find it, Recuva comes here for your help giving you the best of both worlds, i.e. quick scan or deep scan.
- Portable Version
Take Recuva wherever you go with its portable version. It works on a desktop PC, a Notebook or any computer running Windows. Its portable version lets you use it with its no installation version.
What we expect from every tool are its timely updates. If any software runs on an old version and does not update timely, it won’t be able to handle the problems and give appropriate solutions. In that context, Recuva Data Recovery will not disappoint you. It keeps on improving its performance from time to time either by enhancing its scanning capabilities or by improving its speed.
If you think you need to install updates regularly and manually, worry not, this software is efficient enough to automatically installed in the background. You can, therefore, work with a free mind without worrying about the updates.
Recuva is a freemium tool that gives unlimited access to recover several deleted files in your PC. The free version gives you access to quick scan if you wish to have deep scan along with other possible accesses like virtual hard drive and premium support, etc., you need to switch to its professional version. Recuva professional is valued at $19.95 for a year per PC. The professional range includes automatic updates, premium support, advanced file recovery, and virtual hard drive support.
System Requirements: Windows 10, 8.1, 7, Vista and XP. Including both 32-bit and 64-bit versions, but not RT tablet editions.
Latest Version: v1.53.1087 (08 Jun 2016)
Recuva data recovery software offers PC scanning at an amazing speed delivering the best of the committed results. It takes a few minutes to complete the scanning process, which is acceptable enough. The results it delivers at the end are legit and worth to be relied on. The scan process in its free version takes less time as compared to its premium version scan functionality. Recuva is indeed a great tool to recover data from large disk partitions, and it doesn’t even take much time.
How a brand can be identified is with customer service or support it offers. This is the factor where Recuva proves itself to be a fair choice. You can reach out to its customer support through its community forum and help and FAQ files. With its Help Articles and FAQs, you can get solutions to all your queries.
What Makes Recuva A Good Choice?
- Recuva wizard is an easy-to-use tool that seeks some vital information from the user and helps the user diagnose the recovery task that needs to be done.
- Recuva is available in a portable version making installation an optional thing,
- With a quick standard scan and an optional deep scan, it covers all the technological bases in the search for recoverable files.
- Recuva supports scanning inside files and finds out even a document that contains particular text strings.
- Recuva data recovery not only scans your system but also examines the external storage devices including hard drinks, USB drives, memory cards, CD/DVD/Mp3 players etc. along with the devices that are damaged, corrupted, or recently reformatted.
- With Recuva, securely overwrite the files to ensure that nobody else can restore the data you see in the results. The overwrite methods include DoD 5220.22-M, NSA, Gutmann, and Secure Erase.
- Both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Recuva are available.
- Recuva supports drives as large as 3TB.
How To Recover Data With Free Recuva File Recovery?
The steps below will give you a gist of how to use Recuva for quick data recovery.
- Visit Recuva website to download the version of Recuva. Install it and follow the further steps.
- Launch the Recuva free data recovery program and select a file type you want to recover.
- Select the file location where the files were stored. Then, click “Next” to proceed.
- On the next window, it will ask you to Start scanning. Click Start scanning your system.
- Once the scanning is finished, you will see a list of files. Select your files and get them back.
Well, this is just a process to follow. It is your discretion which version to use; otherwise, both free and premium Recuva versions are upto the mark. With Recuva Professional, you get some more options such as sorting and previewing, plus additional information about a file.
Recuva Professional is highly efficient and recommended if you are looking for a full package data recovery software. To avail of this software, you can visit the Recuva website and get Recuva Professional at just $19.95. This version unlocks premium support that cannot be accessed by its basic version.
Who Else Finds Recuva Helpful?
“If a file has gone missing from your mistake, virus infection or a system crash, there is a good chance that the Recuva free file recovery program can find it. There’s no guarantee that Recuva can successfully recover any particular deleted file, but it’s your best bet.”– Lifewire
“If you just want a good undelete program with a small disk footprint (and no financial cost), then Recuva is what you’re looking for… the interface is the very model of restrained style and efficiency.”– PC World
While some of these brands are appreciating this data recovery tool, we too believe it as a user-friendly Windows-based file recovery software that has been awarded by users for being the top data recovery tool. This can sort your deleted data and help you undelete it only if the data is as simple as accidentally removing a file. You can check out other cross-platform or robust data recovery tools to retrieve files. However, Recuva’s professional version comes up with advanced features other than advanced file recovery, virtual hard drive support, automatic updates, premium support.
Conclusion- Our Verdict!
Recuva is indeed a great platform to choose for data recovery. If you need any assistance while using this useful tool, you can check out the official help documents here. With Recuva in hand, you need not have to worry about loosing your important data. You can recover the deleted files as and when required. There is no guarantee that Recuva can successfully recover any deleted file, but believe us it is indeed the best one to check out.
Have you ever used Recuva? If not, give it a try and share with us your experience. How did you find it? Suitable software or a clumsy one. We’d love to hear from you.
1. Is Recuva Free?
Recuva is a freemium software that offers its core features for Free, but its Pro version is available at a high cost. The professional version of Recuva lets you take advantage of its core plus advanced features.
2. How Good Is Recuva As A Data Recovery Tool?
Recuva is an affordable tool that can be used to recover deleted files. Its affordability makes it a good to go option apart from its extremely user-friendly interface and faster usage. You can recover all your lost data and restore them for zero cost. Recuva is quick and easy to install tool. However, it can be used without installation as well.
3. Is It Safe To Use Recuva?
Yes, it is cent per cent safe to use Recuva for file recovery as no virus or threat has been reported to date. However, you are free to use Recuva after reading its review, pros and cons, and features.
4. Can Recuva Recover Deleted Files?
Recuva can scan your system inside out. It scans hard drives, memory cards, and USB sticks to find files and folders you have deleted. It further tells you in advance how likely it is to get your data recovered.